POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post to P.B.I : Re: First Post to P.B.I Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post to P.B.I
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 7 Apr 1999 22:43:26
Message: <370C0ADF.8DF2E337@home.com>
Steve wrote:

> Nice atmospheric scene.
>
> I'd suggest that the boltx/rivets that hold the
> sign onto the door should be less pertruding.
>
> As others have suggested the water needs to be
> dirty and flatter and show some evidence of being
> distrubed by the falling rain.

Actually I tried to add some disturbance to the water in the form of a wripple
bump normal. However when I scaled it down it didn't look like raindrops
hitting the puddle but more like messy noise. So I left the normal scaled up,
that's why it looks like the wriples in the puddle come from someone steeping
in it and not from rain drops.