POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Milk-carton : Re: Milk-carton Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Milk-carton
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Apr 1999 22:20:40
Message: <370AB2C8.7CDD7862@aol.com>
I agree with Simon, more roundness. A very squared 'superellipsoid
<0.1,0.1>' for each surface instead perhaps might do better. Also,
American milk cartons anyhow have larger sealed tabs at the top.
You didn't mention how you got the image_map. Took one apart and scanned
it? I did that to a Coke can once, not easy doing it with a cylindrical
aluminum metal can, cutting the ends off and flattening it out, plenty
of dents and jagged edges.
Btw, noticed "verse" in the label there. Hey, that's me!

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe