POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D lightsabres : 3D lightsabres Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  3D lightsabres
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 6 Apr 1999 20:36:21
Message: <370A9A09.DAD4A27E@aol.com>
Yep, here's mine. A set of four (actually same) criss-crossing blades in
stereo pair images.
 Instructions for seeing this in 3D:
Position yourself directly in front of the screen keeping your head
level at a distance of ~3 feet (~60 cm) or more {further is better}.
Hold one hand flat, vertically (and perpendicular to the monitor screen)
in front of your face so as to divide your eyes; while staring at the
image twist your hand at an angle until you can only see the left image
with the left eye and the right image with the right eye. Close each eye
alternately, if needed. With both eyes open stare straight ahead at the
twin images. Once these 2 images merge there will appear to be a 3D
image with actual depth. If you can keep focus on it while removing your
hand there will be 3 images in all. The 2 outside are the original ones
and the one at center is the new 3D image.
 Due to the larger size of this image the distance from it needs to be
greater than for those at my 3D web page.
Have a look at a few of my other 3D images and "visual" 3D viewing aide
at:

 http://members.aol.com/wrld0rigin/3D.htm

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe