POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Request: new pigment : Request: new pigment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Request: new pigment
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 6 Apr 1999 18:17:24
Message: <370A56F6.8D88A75E@panama.phoenix.net>
Hi. I was wondering if someone could add a new pigment to POV. I don't
know if it's me or what, but I have noticed that an often used and
somewhat cool-looking pigment is what I call a "hexagon-brick". That is
how I can best describe it. It has hexagons, but separated by larger
hexagons, sort of like the brick pigment. It could be used to make
screen doors, and whatnot. Can this be done? I was thinking of a syntax
like:

pigment
{
 hexabrick COLOR_1, COLOR_2
 [mortar Size]
}

See? It's just like brick, but without a size, since they would be your
average hexagons and there's no need to strech them. Maybe it could be
left in anyway.