POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Jumping the moon : Re: Jumping the moon Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jumping the moon
From: Ken
Date: 6 Apr 1999 14:37:17
Message: <370A4517.1BEAB607@pacbell.net>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> We used to play this game when I was a kid only the hands were rocks!
>
> The rough water is two HF one textured for the wave tops the other the
> water. The result when you add reflection, transparency and normals is very
> complex and hard to predict. However this is as close as I've been or likely
> to get.
>
> Thanks Ken for the sugestion the wavetop HF is simply a hih contrast version
> of the first.
>
> I did momentarily consider using the trace command but the memory hit is
> ridiculous.
>
> If any one has any ideas on how to improve the shape of the foam please let
> me know...
>
> Mick

Nice, moody, imagry, .

  I understand the unpredictable part. About a week after I suggested that
I spent a couple of hours trying to merge various HF's and who knows how
many different texture variations. The harder I worked the farther I got
away from the results I wanted. Your image almost comes off looking like
drift snow on an arctic ice pack. Since a lot of your work is surrealistic
in nature anyway artistic license wins out in your favour.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net