POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problems with AnimPlugin : Re: Problems with AnimPlugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with AnimPlugin
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 6 Apr 1999 03:23:10
Message: <3709a84e.0@news.povray.org>
Scott McDonald wrote in message <370924B8.A20C8015@metrolink.com>...
><snip>
>I had similar problems, my solution was to delete all the frames (set
>the count to 0) and start over.

I started over several times, although I never set the count to 0 in
between.

Actually I tried it two different ways:
At first, I created the animation backwards: That is, since the bug already
sits in its end position in the original model, I defined the keyframe 60
first, I then moved the bug into the halfway position and defined frame 30,
then I moved into the start position to define frame 1.
Later I figured that maybe this "backwards"-approach was the problem, so I
redid the whole thing properly with defining frames 1, 30 and 60 in that
order - with similar results.

BTW, did I mention that I only used translate, rotate and uniform scale on
the bug between the keyframes? Nothing fancy there either....

Johannes.