POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photon Patch Bug Report : Re: Photon Patch Bug Report Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon Patch Bug Report
From: Ken
Date: 5 Apr 1999 23:48:16
Message: <370974CA.8C6A5E7C@pacbell.net>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> Ok... this one is my fault... I changed the layer-texture code (to something
> that I thought would work correctly... looks like I was wrong).  I was
> trying to fix the "one-layer-has-transmit-and-the-other-has-filter-and-my-
> texture-is-black" bug.  Sorry about that.  When I merge photons with the
> superpatch (this weekend, probably), you'll have your old layered textures
> back.  The photon mapping stuff is part of my "highly-experimental" personal
> compile right now...
>
> -Nathan

 I understand. I just thought you might take note that this particular
experiment had some adverse results. You mention merging with the Super
Patch. Will this include the photon mapping features as well as the rest
of the odds and ends with the experimental version ? What will you omit
with the merge if anything and are there any last minute additions ?
Any chance you will have dispersion fired up in time ?

I'm a naturally curious person and you may ignore my questions until your
ready to go public if you so wish.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net