POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : FAQ for people who are compiling POV-Ray : Re: FAQ for people who are compiling POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FAQ for people who are compiling POV-Ray
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Date: 6 Apr 1999 02:25:01
Message: <37095408.A545C774@pipeline.com>
I'll be glad to make a page on my site where questions can be collected.

I have a starter FAQ, unofficial for now, just need more questions, answers (or
better answers), and knowledge of anyone else who is inventing this same
wheel.  I'll have to mash my notes together into one file, and I'll post it
here in a few days.

Also, inspired by a thread back in January, I've been wanting to write a guide
to the source code, and I've started it.   Once this is complete, maybe there
won't be any more questions, it'll all be so clear...

Will upload it later this week, and announce it here in this newsgroup.

One thing that will slow down the research for the FAQ is the lack of an
extensive archive of these news.povray.org newsgroups - can't use
dejanews.org!  If there exists an archive, I don't know where it is.

--
Daren Scot Wilson
dar### [at] pipelinecom