POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : looking for include file : Re: looking for include file Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for include file
From: Ken
Date: 5 Apr 1999 19:41:12
Message: <37093AE1.4B385DC6@pacbell.net>
Reid Towsley wrote:

> Hey all,
>     You know how the logo for the POV Webring has half of a torus fully
> shaded in and the other half made of wires. I was wondering if there was an
> include file out there that could do this effect for any object.
>
> Thanks,
>      -Dravis

  I don't know of an include file that will do this but I just thought
of a possible trick that could mimik the effect. The program 3dWin,
a conversion program, has an option for wire frame output. If you modeled
your shape in a modeling program the could output .raw, .dxf, .3ds etc
you could split the object in two and export as two seperate objects.
Process one half normaly as a solid object and the other half use the
wire frame option. Marry the two halfs back to together in Pov and the
effect is yours to do with as you please thank you very much.

http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/homepage.htm

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net