POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lukes First[3 jpgs 14.19k] : Re: Lukes First[3 jpgs 14.19k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lukes First[3 jpgs 14.19k]
From: Phil Clute
Date: 5 Apr 1999 16:35:06
Message: <370911C3.1F3B431@tiac.net>
Well, I can admit when I'm wrong...
My VCR was on the fritz when I made this sabre so I was going by a Darth
Vader
calender and sources around the internet.Never trust a second  hand
source.
My VCR is "working" now and I can see I've made an error or two...

ZK wrote:
>I've been watching StarWars yesterday, and I have a few comments.
>1: The handle (or how is it called) is super-realistic.  I would really
like
>the source of that for my StarWars collection! However I think this
looks
>more like Obi Wan's lightsabre.  I think  Luke's lightsabre looks more
like
>Darth Vader's lightsabre (but I'm not sure at all).
>2: The blade should be whiter and less conical.
>3: Is the first image raytraced? It doesn't really look like!

1.I'll post my source in the povray.binaries.scenefiles once I staighten
out the blade
(and I do mean "straighten", turns out the blade should be  closer to
being a cylinder
than I had thought, as H.E.Day had pointed out but I refuted in a
(sorry H.E.Day, you were right).
And...it is Obi-Wan's sabre not Luke's(I've included an image of what
Luke's first
really looks like).

2.Yes you're correct.

3.I'll take that as a compliment! Yes the Handle that is upright, and
obviously the one
with the blade(conical...oops)are both raytraced. The one with the extra
border designs
that make it look like it's inset comes from starwars.com/weapons.

--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.