POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin : Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 5 Apr 1999 09:12:55
Message: <3708A916.A91C3C15@mitre.org>
Tim, Lue,

As far as MeshObj.DLL goes.  It turns out that I removed the dependency
on MSVCP60.DLL from the animation plugin (and polyray2), but didn't do
it for MeshObj.  I've uploaded a newer version that uses the SGI
Standard Template Library, removing the dependency on MSVCP60.  It is
also available from http://pages.hotbot.com/arts/are/index.html

Obviously I'd like to figure out just how to get the load problems
resolved.  I managed to get rid of the dependency on MSVCP50.DLL that
the earlier plugin required (use SGI's STL rather than MS's).  But now
that I've jumped a version of MS' C++ compiler over Lutz, there seem to
be new problems.

In a separate message, Tim said he had gone to pretty extensive lengths
to update MFC42.DLL.  At this point I'll make a guess that there are
other compatability problems, but would request your indulgence in
checking some dates/version numbers.

In my main Moray directory, I have the following DLL's:

Name              Date       Version
MFC42.DLL       9/26/98      6.00.8267.0
MorayCtrl.DLL  12/22/98      1.30
MSVCRT.DLL      1/22/97      5.00.7022
MSVCRT20.DLL    7/11/95      2.11.000
Polyray2.DLL    4/ 2/99      N/A

[Version numbers can be found by looking at properties from windows
explorer.]

In \Windows\System, I have a newer version of the C runtime dll:

MSVCRT.DLL     1/ 5/99       6.00.8337.0

I've made the runtime library available at
http://pages.hotbot.com/arts/are/index.html - give it a try...

Xander