POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : imaginary world : Re: imaginary world Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: imaginary world
From: Ed Kaiser
Date: 4 Apr 1999 23:41:32
Message: <370822dc.0@news.povray.org>
Thanks. I was trying to make it not look so CGI-ish.  In answer to your
questions

    The robot is the thing on the left with the big reflective head who is
holding the glass sphere

    I tried to think up a story for the scene, but i just couldn't.

    The texture on the walls is a repeat warped bozo pattern

    The glass sphere is  filled with a scattering media. Its supposed to be
a trapped gas cloud, but   it wasn't really worth the HUGE amount of extra
time it took to render on my relatively old  p133.

Also a rough stone pattern for the bridge would've looked great. Maybe a
gnarled chunk of metallic ore. I wish i'd thought of that.