POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shades : Re: Does anyone like my shades? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does anyone like my shades?
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 3 Apr 1999 10:51:11
Message: <37063744.BCB47F9E@panama.phoenix.net>
> Sorry Anthony, I'm lazy about posting comments. I really like your shades, although
it's
> not obvious from the still that the shades have any lenses.

Thanks. I kinda noticed that myself.

> Perhaps you could go on and model an entire library of shades and spectacles?

I dunno about that. It was really hard. I didn't really come up with all the ideas
myself. I
had to borrow from some nearly identical spectacles in Bryce 3d. It would have never
occured
to me to intersect a torus and a sphere to make the legs. Oh, yeah, the sad thing is
that what
I did come up with isn't noticeable unless you are _really_ close to the legs. Did you
notice
the little holes? Well, they're not just cylinder differences, it's much more complex
than
that. I'll have to send you the code to show you. It's hard to explain here.