POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aftermath of a Space Battle : Re: Aftermath of a Space Battle Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aftermath of a Space Battle
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Apr 1999 18:28:45
Message: <37055288.884DED5A@aol.com>
Those spacecrafts are scattered pretty chaoticly.
It took me a while to see any structure to them, aparently more detailed
than when first seen. In fact I first thought they were explosion debri
pieces. I got real close to the monitor and saw there is a fractal-like
pattern on them as well as the usual cockpit window and wings. These old
eyes aren't up to scrutinizing things on-screen. I wear glasses (since
high school) and never wear them indoors out of habit (you wouldn't
believe how bad TV looks to me, just last night I wore glasses and
realized everyone on TV has eyes. I'm dumb, I know...). So I can't see
perfectly well from as little as only 2 or 3 feet, my seat distance from
this monitor.
Looks like you have a ocean jellyfish type space station, if I were you
I'd lose the image_map for that dome part, or at least make it a
bump_map. But then I'm not you, am I? It just looks way to flat to me.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe