POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : parsing time vs. image output size : Re: parsing time vs. image output size Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parsing time vs. image output size
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 Apr 1999 18:08:19
Message: <37054DC5.F4481601@aol.com>
I believe what you are seeing in the way of more memory usage with
larger images is the fact that more of the scene gets "seen".
This is why a small render goes so fast by comparison. There isn't as
much visible in the way of modeled objects or textures to put a ray to.
A large image is going to allow the rays to increase exponentially in
order to trace all the visible areas.
At least that's my own awkward explanation.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe