POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin : Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin
From: smb
Date: 1 Apr 1999 23:31:49
Message: <37044566.51255B67@stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Alexander Enzmann wrote:

> I've just released beta 7 of the Polyray renderer plugin.  In addition
> to making a few bug fixes, I've added a simple keyframe animation
> capability (output direct to AVI).  Currently only object transforms can
> be keyframed - adding more will take a while.
>
> The documentation has been updated a little bit and reformatted as RTF
> (use Wordpad or Word to read).
>
> The mesh importer has been pulled out and is separately available.

Hi Alexander!
As you are THE Alexander that wrote the whole famous long existing
polyray, I might as well ask you here and right here: Wasn't there a feature

with polyray to output .raw? Or did I get this wrong? It is, because I
and probably many other Moray users have, in my case a bezierpatch
'within' moray-pov I don't know for the heck how to export to other progs.
I once tried to dig down into the belly of polyray's dirs to make it happen,

but couldn't find confirmation with the help, that polyray could actually
write out triangles to a file.
Now, if this ever was so, wouldn't that be a great opportunity to be able
to have stuff created within moray as material, ok, low level,
but material 'in the wide world' to use further?

steff