POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Adding Texture Libraries : Re: Adding Texture Libraries Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adding Texture Libraries
From: smb
Date: 1 Apr 1999 22:03:41
Message: <37043101.5A72B1BA@stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Ph Gibone wrote:

> If you mean you have a huge texture library in pov format (care to share
> ???), you can use the Pov2Mdl program, then load the MDL, then export the
> textures in a MTX.
> look at http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/tools.htm
> Philippe

Yup, this would be fine, but in the case of pov textures with features higher

then pov2, pov2mdl does not work. It is to my knowing at the time not
possible
to import textures of pov3(+) into moray, created outside. Gosh, forgot to
report that
to softronics as a wish to be able to. Bottleneck. I'd be glad, anyone would
know better.

steff