POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : of LightSabres and washed hands...(15.6KB) : Re: of LightSabres and washed hands...(15.6KB) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: of LightSabres and washed hands...(15.6KB)
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 31 Mar 1999 21:14:02
Message: <3702d66a.0@news.povray.org>
> I like that second one ( bottom) a lot. It emulates well what the physics
of a
> light sabre would be. What changes did you make ? - I'm definetly
interested.
> ;-]

Actually, the main change I made was in changing the densities from planar
to cylindrical and adjusting the colors to match. I felt it gave a smoother
transition, giving a better glow effect. The main difference between the two
versions is the emission value and/or the scaling of the blade (is it just
me or does scaling an object with a media defined also scale the intensity
of the media?).

Do you want me to post the code with the changes, or is what I've told you
enough to work with?

Darcy
djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/4317