POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sneak Preview ~83Kb : Re: Sneak Preview ~83Kb Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sneak Preview ~83Kb
From: GrimDude
Date: 31 Mar 1999 15:10:10
Message: <37028122.0@news.povray.org>
Well, I tried using a height_field for each individual key, and I think I
may have the key alignments a little off. I'm going to change it so that
each type of key is a CSG object with its own image/bump_map. That should
add to the render time though.
  I tried making an interesting beer mug last night. I'm using primitives in
a CSG, with height_fields for the head/froth. The problem is that the glass
CSG sent the render time through the roof, and I haven't even added photons
yet! Ouch.
  Well, back to the render board! :)
  Thanks for the comments, everyone!

GrimDude