POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches : Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches
From: povray org admin team
Date: 30 Mar 1999 05:49:49
Message: <3701ab27.41590109@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>I just did the d/l, Run... pve31up.exe, it installed okay and I ran the
>patch executables direct from there bin\Photon or bin\Super sub-folders.
>The older cmedit.dll and cmax101.dll files are in both.

I'm not sure I follow you ... from my reading of your message, it seems that
you are expecting the patch executables to suddenly start acting differently as
a result of updating the official PVENGINE.EXE ?

If that's not what you're saying, the please explain it to me a little more.

If it is what you're saying, then it's not possible - the official POVWIN
update won't affect the way that the patched versions work. The change allows
PVENGINE.EXE to load its own editor DLL from the current working directory
(whatever that happens to be when it is loaded - typically the same one as the
EXE is in).

The patches will - of course - continue to load the DLL from wherever they are
currently loading their DLL's. We can't magically influence their operation.

So, put the new PVENGINE.EXE and the new DLL's into their own directory (e.g.
bin\official or something). Copy the old editor DLL's into bin. That should
work (though I haven't tried it so your milage will vary).