POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Normal photons : Re: Normal photons Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normal photons
From: Ken
Date: 30 Mar 1999 15:10:49
Message: <37012EB7.207EE148@pacbell.net>
Noam Lewis wrote:

> Just a play of words...
>
> This is what texture normal can do with photon.
> What are those cricles?

 Wierd looking effect. If I had to guess the circles and the
dark area are cuased by having your max_trace_level set too
low or not set at all. When you start roughing up a glass surface
it really starts adding to the internal reflections and if the
trace level is not hight enough the blackout occurs.

> Oh, and a little question: did you (nathan) send in your patch to be
> included in the next OFFICIAL version of POV? It would be great...

  I think Nathan still has this version listed as a beta version. This
means that he is still in the development stage and will probably
need at least on more public release before he could consider offering
it as usable, bug free, code to the pov team.

  If this patch and the majority of the superpatch abilities make it
into Pov v3.5 is will be a huge update. I can't imagine what they
could add to the program in v4.0 that would be as large a show stopper
as this would be. But then again I love surprises.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net