POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : final lightsabre (45k) (no dragon) : Re: final lightsabre (45k) (no dragon) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: final lightsabre (45k) (no dragon)
From: bankspad
Date: 30 Mar 1999 15:12:30
Message: <37012C7F.550260B@pacbell.net>
The problem trying to use the movies as a guide is that the "light" of the sabres
were post-production - i.e. drawn in after the scene was shot. The glow effect in
the movie is then not entirely accurate compared to how the physics of a
lightsabre would actually work. I might be wrong (long time since I last saw an SW
flic) but I don't remember the sabre being a strong light source, at least not for
as bright as they shone. I worked on a sbare in a previous thread and that was the
challenge - how to make it shine without being a light_source.