POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Easter and Media ~46k : Re: Easter and Media ~46k Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Easter and Media ~46k
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 29 Mar 1999 20:54:22
Message: <37002EC1.8E493D9@aol.com>
That sky looks like it has a media infection alright j/k.
Did you use 'scattering'? Looks it to me. Try *not* using that and go
with a couple of medias in one interior. One 'emission', one
'absorption' offset and/or scaled a bit differently. You could maybe get
by with just the emission, much faster too.
I have a lightning include file I've modified (and for P-R 3.1) from an
original (3.0* circa 4/98) by J. Brickley, though I haven't heard
anything from him yet about re-distributing the include. I think it
would be okay since I left his comment header in, so I'll email it over
to you. It's not finished really, very crude still which is why I
hesitate to upload it anywhere as well.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe