POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches : Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches
From: ingo
Date: 29 Mar 1999 10:07:47
Message: <36ff9743.0@news.povray.org>
Thanks Bob,

In the meanwhile I found an other way to get both versions running. I've Put
all the patches in a separate directory (D:\POV-Ray-Patch) with a complete
copy of the subdirectory's bin, help,ini,insertmenu,renderer. Then I use a
batchfile to start a patch, before that the batchfile changes the registry
setting. For this I use an utility REG.EXE from
http://www.mindspring.com/~dgthomas

Here is the (ugly) batchfile:
reg -set
HKLM\Software\POV-Ray\CurrentVersion\Windows\Home="D:\POV-Ray-Patch"
reg -set HKLM\Software\POV-Ray\v3.1\Windows\Home="D:\POV-Ray-Patch"
D:\POV-Ray-Patch\bin\uvpov.exe
reg -set HKLM\Software\POV-Ray\CurrentVersion\Windows\Home="D:\POV-Ray"
reg -set HKLM\Software\POV-Ray\v3.1\Windows\Home="D:\POV-Ray"

after closing uvpov the registry is changed back.

ingo

Bob Hughes heeft geschreven in bericht <36FF2858.13F820B2@aol.com>...

--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.