POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ice cream ? Yes please Vanilla Fudge : Re: Ice cream ? Yes please Vanilla Fudge Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ice cream ? Yes please Vanilla Fudge
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 28 Mar 1999 17:42:40
Message: <36feb060.0@news.povray.org>
The purpose of this image was not to actually model an ice-cream (the ice
part should be a lot less symmetrical, there should be drops of ice on the
come...) but to experiment my Dome Plugin (scene was build in moray) and
show that a dome is not always on the top of a house.

I join a close-up of the cone (a dome in fact)

BTW you were right about the ice-cream texture!
Philippe

>Ph Gibone wrote:
>>
>> Hi There
>>
>> I know this is not a great image not even a good one, but : this scene is
>> made of 2 (two !) objects (+ sky), well you've guessed already : 2 domes
!

>> Philippe
>
>You are right. It is not a great image but it does have the distinction
>of having the most artistic construction for a cone that I have seen.
>The ice cream texture needs some serious help though. Add some specular
>highlighting and a dash of reflection and it would look a lot better.
>
>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message