POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches : Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 28 Mar 1999 17:27:31
Message: <36feab04.37023937@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:37:33 GMT, new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg
(povray.org admin team) wrote:

>"ingo" <ing### [at] ingodemonnl> wrote:
>
>>POV-Ray 3.1e runns well and fast, but the patches based on 3.1(a) don't like
>>the new codemax dll's. There is an error" wrong dll version". I tried put
>>the patches together with the old dll's in a different directory, but this
>>is does not work.
>
>The error you get is not related to the codemax dll - it is in fact cmedit.dll
>that is giving you the error message.
>
>>Is there a way to get the patches to work with the old dll's and 3.1e work
>>with the new one's under winNT4? I can do without, but the editor makes life
>>a little easier.
>
>cmedit.dll is located using the path given in the registry for POVWIN. there's
>nothing that you can do (short of either swapping the files in the bin dir back
>and forth, or editing the registry) to change which one it loads.

So... could one set up a batch file which "merged" the right registry
line in before running POV?

I've not tried this with WindowsNT but certainly you can export just a
single line from the registry editor in Win95, and it should be simple
enough to set-up a a couple of batch files - one which re-instates the
old .dll (at some new location, presumably) and then load POV and a
second which changes the registry back to pointing to the new DLL in
it's default location before loading POV.

a couple of shortcuts on the desktop (one for the registry patch and
POV, one for the other registry patch and SuperPatch POV).

I'm about to look at Superpatch (and have been for some weeks) so it'd
be quite nice if POv3.1e and SuperPatch could co-exist :)

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail