POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dali-esque V2 (AA + an idea) : Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea)
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 26 Mar 1999 21:05:08
Message: <36fc3cd4.0@news.povray.org>

>well, I must disagree.
>A title should be descriptive when it is a work in progress, because then
the
>focus isn't the image, but the idea behind the image. do you see my point?

I never said it should not be descriptive (mine was +  a little bit of
pretentiousness).
but just look at your previous message, does the title (Dali-esque V2 (AA +
an idea)) is a description of what you wrote : certainly not, but that
doesn't mean you should have changed the title (the designation purpose
forbid it). It was a simple intellectual lecture.

For the purpose of this NG what I can say is : anyone is free to fall in any
of the 8 categories I've listed, unless we (who) decide a naming convention
(in progress, need help ....) for instance I don't care modeling castles but
if the people working on one needs a little help : why not. Did you see this
thread named "Impossible (?) shadow" in the text.scene-files ? It's been a
real pleasure to help (I know you feel the same)

Philippe