POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dali-esque V2 (AA + an idea) : Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea)
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 26 Mar 1999 01:36:52
Message: <36fb2b04.0@news.povray.org>
+AD4-I think that the point is that any piece of work (art) should be able to
+AD4-stand alone.  It's debatable whether or not the title is part of the
+AD4-piece or has been put there to describe the piece to people who wouldn't
+AD4-understand it.

Hi Steve

There is a third posibility that I like yhe most : the title is part of the
piece, but not to describe it, but to add something the piece would'nt have
without it.

The example that comes to my mind is Magritte (belgian surrealistic painter)
: he painted a realistic pipe but the title of the painting is +ACI-this is not
a pipe+ACI-, obviously, without the title, you lose something BTW nobody ever
tried to smoke a painting (AFAIK)+ACE-

An ancient french writer (don't remember which one (shame on me)) said
+ACI-Any verse that has to be explained does'nt deserve to be+ACI-

Philippe