POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first photonmapped image : Re: My first photonmapped image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first photonmapped image
From: ingo
Date: 25 Mar 1999 14:56:58
Message: <36fa950a.0@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst heeft geschreven in bericht <36f96a5a.0@news.povray.org>...
>You seem to have the same problem with the liquid as I did. You should
scale
>it to extend a bit _into_ the glass. Why, I don't know - but it looks quite
>different and more correct. The caustics look quite different, too.
>Also, may I suggest you make your wine glass a bit thinner... This is a
>matter of taste, of course.
>
>Margus

The amount by witch the liquid and the glass intersect also matters. In the
pictures the glass has a inside radius of 0.98. The liquid has a radius of
(top down) 0.98001; 0.980001; 0.9800001; 0.98000001. Also note the change of
color of the liquid.

ingo
--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'liquid.jpg' (11 KB)

Preview of image 'liquid.jpg'