POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Six Centuries, More Romans : Re: Six Centuries, More Romans Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:09:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Six Centuries, More Romans
From: forkazoo
Date: 23 Mar 1999 22:57:18
Message: <36f8629e.0@news.povray.org>
Robert J Becraft wrote in message <36F63C0B.A0CEB587@aol.com>...
>Here's the next round of Romans...
>
>Yes, they're still clean as a whistle and they still have funny feet.
>
>However, they now have commanders and standards... and a FORT too.
>
>Comments?
>
>Regards,
>Robert J Becraft
>aka cas### [at] aolcom

Throw in some more randoms.  Rotation + Scaling of people.  In the textures.
Rotation of the arms.  Of the swords.  Translation of the people slightly in
the ranks.  If you can do that, it will look a lot more organic.  That, and
dirty up the textures.

BTW, I like the clouds.  when will you post source for the 'army in a
macro?'  I would really like to see if you people are organised enough to
try applying some pseudo-IK and make a marching animation.  Of course, a
marching animation would require some pseudo random numbers, instead of some
random ones, I guess, but that wouldn't be too bad to set up.