POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Question about the photon patch : Re: Question about the photon patch Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the photon patch
From: Ron Parker
Date: 23 Mar 1999 11:21:57
Message: <36f7bfa5.0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:58:35 -0500, Nathan Kopp <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote:
>Hmmm... I thought of that... unfortunately, it takes a lot of work to move
>all of my various changes (especially UV mapping) into a new set of files.
>Maybe it would simply be easier for me to update the lathe rendering code.
>Does anyone know which lathe-intersection (or polynomial-solving) functions
>changed?  (Ron, does the superpatch have the fast lathe intersections?)

I don't know.  My personal copy has been merged with the generic 3.1e
source, but I haven't taken the time to see what changed since 3.1a.  I
expect that it will, whenever I get it put online.  I have all the patch
files at home, so I can easily check to see what changed in the lathe
routines if you'd like.