POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hall of Mirrors... and photons - ~105Kb : Re: Hall of Mirrors... and photons - ~105Kb Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hall of Mirrors... and photons - ~105Kb
From: GrimDude
Date: 22 Mar 1999 22:41:09
Message: <36f70d55.0@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <36F### [at] aolcom>...
>Do you have control of those green spots? Or not...?
>Almost looks to me like you may need that ignore_photons keyword in the
>objects. I don't really know about it yet, but had heard something to
>the effect that it would remove the caustics which tend to over brighten
>inside a object, yet maybe leave the external caustics still.
>A personal observation, the reflection gets too busy for me, as though
>crowded or chaotic? confusing? whatever... Remember to pay no attention
>to everything someone says :)

Yes, I added ignore_photons to everything *except* the mirror surfaces,
which I wanted to test fully. Afterwards, I turned the photons down on the
mirror items alone, and the result was much better, but at the same time I
went too far the other way.

So, I'll keep playing.

Thanks for replying Bob.

GrimDude