POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An artsy thing (145KB) : Re: An artsy thing (145KB) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:11:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An artsy thing (145KB)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 21 Mar 1999 17:08:35
Message: <36f56de3.0@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <36F53D88.9A9359E1@aol.com>...
/.../
>I wondered why the base is so dark? Is it not intended to be translucent
>glass or some such? Also the shadow, completely black, or so it seems.
>Like the look, impossible object kind of thing.

The base is supposed to be metal. It's so dark because I foolishly turned
reflection_exponent to 0.3 before the final render. I would really like to
have blurred reflections in the scene, otherwise the base tends to look
horribly plastic-like. Both the base and the floor need some work.
The shadow is black, because the plane has ambient 0.

Margus