POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Where are my caustics gone?? : Where are my caustics gone?? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Where are my caustics gone??
From: ingo
Date: 20 Mar 1999 18:02:29
Message: <36f42905.0@news.povray.org>
In the last of the 5 details the reflective caustics are gone, what is the
reason for this?
Here's what I did, first set the radius at an angle of 0.1 then kept playing
with the density until the "priority queue remove number" was as small as
possible. For the next picture divide radius and density by two, and so on
for all the next pictures. Autostop =0 gather 30, 100.

the stats:

1. radius 0.1
density 0.0172
photons shot 53503
photons stored 8530
insert queue 1082352
remove queue 1
parse 4 sec
trace 30 sec
mem 2736254

2. radius 0.05
density 0.0086
photons shot 213140
photons stored  33940
insert queue 1079039
remove queue 225
parse  15 sec
trace  40 sec
mem 2928254

3. radius 0.025
density 0.00432
photons shot  844592
photons stored  134589
insert queue 1069997
remove queue 330
parse  1 min
trace  40 sec
mem 8939110

4. radius 0.0125
density 0.00216
hotons shot  3368601
photons stored  538115
insert queue 1069446
remove queue 560
parse  4 min
trace  40 sec
mem  27739678

5. radius 0.00625
density 0.00108
photons shot  13480907
photons stored  2152205
insert queue 1070227
remove queue 77
parse  16 min
trace  40 sec
mem 102941950
did this last one twice, to be sure.

ingo

--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Image3.jpg' (29 KB)

Preview of image 'Image3.jpg'