POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Give ma a P! (hotons) : Re: Give ma a P! (hotons) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Give ma a P! (hotons)
From: Equiprawn
Date: 18 Mar 1999 16:06:03
Message: <36f16abb.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

+AD4-I second that, this image does say +ACI-Animation,.... Animation+ACEAIg-.

I actually had some ideas for animation. I was thinking of making the
outside crystals rotate through 360 degrees, so as to create shifting
caustic patterns on the floor. Should I rotate them all the same direction,
or have every second one rotate in the opposite direction? And what should I
do with the middle crystal? It has the feature that it's colours change
depending on the angle you look at it from - at right angles or parallel to
the ground. If I was to take advantage of this though, I would have to make
the camera move in the animation, which would make it more difficult to loop
(and it's the kind of scene that would need looping to look best). I could
rotate the central crystal on different axises (what is the plural of
axis?), but that would show up the half sphere I used to get the different
colours, and it looks ugly+ACE-

I want to hear people's oppinions on what I should do.

Equiprawn