POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Give ma a P! (hotons) : Re: Give ma a P! (hotons) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Give ma a P! (hotons)
From: Equiprawn
Date: 18 Mar 1999 16:06:01
Message: <36f16ab9.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

+AD4-Really nice, I've been looking at this for ages.

Thanks. I thought it might make a nice test for reflective caustics.

+AD4-Is the floor totally black, and the colour coming from reflections?

No the floor is a sort of off-white, beige colour - like in the middle of
the circle. There is only one light, an overhead spotlight that just about
encompases the crystals. The floor is totally black outside the circle
because I gave it an ambient value of 0.0 in the finish settings for that
texture. All the patches of colour on the ground come from reflective
caustics

+AD4-And
+AD4-how long does this take to render?

It took about three and a half hours. See my reply to Spider's post for a
more detailed breakdown of the render time.

+AD4-Can you make a 600x800 version and
+AD4-post it so that I can use it as my wallpaper?

I'll render it at the week end, and post it then sometime too. Your best bet
would be to check back on Monday.

Equiprawn