POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Give ma a P! (hotons) : Re: Give ma a P! (hotons) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:10:14 EDT (-0400)
From: Equiprawn
Date: 18 Mar 1999 16:05:59

  photons {density .02
           reflection on
           ignore_photons
           //photons_pass_through
           }

Some Render Statistics:

Number of Photons Shot:        1786260
Number of Photons stored:     1584213
Peak Memory Used:                74.417793 megs
Parse Time:                              0h 11m 52s
Trace Time:                              3h 20m 41s
Total Time:                                3h 32m 33s

My machine is a 450MHz Pentium II, 128 megs of RAM. The thing that took
about 90% of that render time was the central crystal.

>Well, SOMONE, do the Discoball, ok?

I've never actually seen one of those up close - how do they work? Is it
just a reflective metal geometric shape that reflects lights to create thos
spots, or are some of the facets transparent, and let light out from the
inside? If I get enough animation, I'll do an animation of a disco ball, it
ought to be fun. I'll make a square room with four coloured spotlights to
reflect light.

Vote NOW for your four favourite colours! I'll check the votes next
Wednesday (March 24th) at 1830 GMT, and start rendering the animation that
evening. Also what resolution and file type? 320x240? Mov, Mpg, Avi?

Equiprawn