POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Caustics, caustics... : Re: Caustics, caustics... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Caustics, caustics...
From: Equiprawn
Date: 17 Mar 1999 18:26:25
Message: <36f03a21.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

>reflected caustics on the glass (you _can_ see them, can't you?

Yes! Don't worry, I can see them.

>The glass itself is simple CSG, needs some work. I feel there is something
>wrong with the refractions (at least upper part, where top of the wiskey
>meets the glass).

I might know what this is. If you fill a clear glass with water, and look at
the top where the water's surface meets the glass, you will see that the
surface doesn't stay flat, but in fact curves up slightly. This happens
because of water tension, and in fact happens with all liquids, AFAIK. The
only exception I know of is liquid mercury, which curves down instead of up.

Very nice image!

Equiprawn