POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First photon-mapping attempt... : Re: First photon-mapping attempt... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First photon-mapping attempt...
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 16 Mar 1999 15:39:13
Message: <36eec171.0@news.povray.org>
Reflections on transparent objects are a pain anyway; when you use
reflective caustics, it just makes matters worse. I believe the photons get
reflected back and forth in the object. I encountered the same problem with
a whiskey glass scene I'm making. I used ignore_photons on the glass, which
helped.
BTW, I really had to use ignore_photons because otherwise the glass would
just be bright white. I think this is because the thin walls of the glass,
the nearly-coincident surface problem.

Margus