POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: Height Fields : Re: Height Fields Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Fields
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 13 Mar 1999 04:58:20
Message: <36ea36bc.0@news.povray.org>
Steven Jones wrote in message <36e9743a.0@news.povray.org>...
>When I instruct moray to save rendered pov images as tga's they come out
>corrupt.

It may be so that you "instruct" Moray to save rendered pov images as tgas,
but that doesn't mean that Moray follows your "instructions" ;-)

To clarify: As Lutz already wrote, Moray does *not* save any image file in
any format. What happens is this:
In Moray, in the render options you set the output fileformat to TGA, then,
when you render from Moray, Moray starts a new render-job in Povray, with
the right flags set so that *Povray* will save the output in the format
specified. Moray is at no stage involved in generating the output image or
saving it in any format, but for the initial setting of Povray flags.
So if your TGAs are corrupt, you have to blame Povray, not Moray. Then
again: I doubt very much that the TGAs are corrupt, because you would be the
only person with this problem. Maybe it is the software you are using to
*read* the TGAs that does work correctly...

Johannes.