POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Apologies... Conic Flask : Apologies... Conic Flask Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Apologies... Conic Flask
From: Equiprawn
Date: 12 Mar 1999 14:55:25
Message: <36e9712d.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Yesterday I said that I would post a rendered version of the Conic Flask
scene rendered with the Photon Map patch. Undortunatly, as the scene is
composed of over 40,000 smooth triangles, it was taking forever to produce
the photon maps (it took 25 mins to get to 2500 on my PII 450 with 128 megs
of ram!). I will be going on holidays on April 1st though, for 4 days, and I
will set the scene rendering while I'm gone. I'll post the results when I
come back ( though I'll warn you now that the output image will be 320x240
with no AA).

Instead though I have two other images that I rendered last night. The first
is a modified scene that comes with Povray. I just added the photon info.
The second is of two glass letters ER, a merge of cylinders and spheres. I
made a scene about a year ago that used Povray's caustics on blob based
versions of the letters, but when I converted the scene to Photons, the
caustics didn't render. Has anybody else had problems getting blobs and
photons to work?

Equiprawn

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'diffract +Photons.JPG' (40 KB) Download 'Er.JPG' (28 KB)

Preview of image 'diffract +Photons.JPG'
diffract +Photons.JPG

Preview of image 'Er.JPG'
Er.JPG