POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mangonel : Re: Mangonel Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mangonel
From: forkazoo
Date: 11 Mar 1999 21:34:16
Message: <36e87d28.0@news.povray.org>
Robert J Becraft wrote in message <36E### [at] aolcom>...
>Working on some "Historical" models... I still need the ratchet for
>cocking the arm on this one, otherwise, it is just about done.
>
>Comments?
>
>Robert J Becraft
>aka cas### [at] aolcom

I love the modelling!  It could stand a bit cruder wood texture, maybe a
darker, coarser texrure, with some blood stains, or something.  I can
definitely see the mangonels pointed at a nice castle, on a good misty
height field.  In theory, there should be some crew manning the mangonels,
but that can safely be ignored, I think.  If you really wanted to take it
all the way, maybe you could add some motion blur, and a flying rock...
perhaps even a whole pile of missiles on the ground...