POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Remember the dungeon? : Re: Remember the dungeon? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remember the dungeon?
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 11 Mar 1999 13:40:48
Message: <36e80e30.0@news.povray.org>
Edward Wedig schrieb in Nachricht <36E755D2.E514ED17@kreber.com>...
>Steve wrote:

>I've got you both beat. "The Explorer" (on my web site) took 32 days(!)
>to render at the final resolution (3150x2000 I think).

Gilles Tran mentions on his web page, that one of his pictures took almost 6
months (!) to render on a 200MHz Pentium. He even had to borrow a few other
Pentiums later on to get it done in time! The picture was "Cubicle workers"
IIRC (http://www.mediaport.net/Artichaud/Tran/gtran.en.html).

--
Rudy Velthuis