POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : does MORAY export this correctly yet?? : Re: does MORAY export this correctly yet?? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: does MORAY export this correctly yet??
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 9 Mar 1999 07:01:35
Message: <36e50d9f.0@news.povray.org>
Alex Magidow schrieb in Nachricht <36E4A45C.28B04120@mninter.net>...
>Hey, sorry, I was just expressing respect for a very nice member of the
POV-Ray
>community. I, personally, upon running into a problem of similar
complexity,
>given up pretty quickly, and not persevered quite as much as Dearmad did. I
give
>him my complete respect, and I also give Moray my complete respect.

Hmmm, I seem to be understood wrong again. I was not criticising anyone and
I didn't feel I was being criticised by you either. Sorry if I gave anyone
that expression. I was just a bit puzzled by Ken's reply.

And I agree with you, that modellers are there to relieve us from the task
of hand-coding. I am a registered user of Moray 3.1 (although time has
prevented me from using it extensively), and I think it's a great program,
but I still don't understand the reasoning for some inconsistencies, like Z
being the up vector, and grouped light sources being de-grouped without
notice, etc. Propably they are historical reasons, mainly.

Lutz gave the reason for the degrouping of light sources, but still I'm a
bit puzzled by some aspects of the program. Maybe it's just me.

--
Rudy Velthuis