POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The REAL new millennium... : Re: The REAL new millennium... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The REAL new millennium...
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 7 Mar 1999 05:21:44
Message: <36e25338.0@news.povray.org>
Dave Helfrich wrote in message <36e228a1.0@news.povray.org>...
[snip]
>What do you all think?

I think that you are technically correct, but if you seriously consider
"starting a crusade" about this, I also think that you have way too much
time on your hands!
Why not stick some aluminum-foil into your hat and walk to the nearest
police-office complaining about the "martians trying to steal your brain?"
There you will get as much positive response as you will get for your
"crusade" - or maybe more ;-)
Why don't you face it: People don't care about some technicallity, they are
simply looking for a good excuse to party, and the neat change of the fourth
(from the right) digit in our year-number is as good an excuse as any, in
any case a better one than celebrating the end of the 2000th year after the
birth of a certain jewish preacher (in my eyes, that is) - a date that was
quite arbitrarily decided on anyway. So if you want your crusade to be
something real good, why don't you find out when Jesus was *really* born (I
mean *exactly*) and then try to convince people that the new millenium
actually starts on January 18th, 2004 (or was it November 12th, 1998 and we
all missed it, or... 8-0 )

So long,
Johannes.