POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My contribution to watch collection [83k] : Re: My contribution to watch collection [83k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My contribution to watch collection [83k]
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 6 Mar 1999 17:10:30
Message: <36e1a7d6.0@news.povray.org>
Vahur Krouverk wrote in message <36E1A065.93BCE6A8@fv.aetec.ee>...
>Hello!
>
>First I'd like to thank those, who posted their pictures of watches.
>This forced me to dig out my unfinished watch project and finish it
>(well, almost). Here is my watch, but it is without strap, as this watch
>has velcro strap and I haven't found good way to render it (may-be
>thanks to M. Ramst's fur macro I can do it).
>
>Model was created mostly in Rhino, textures were hand-adjusted.

The modelling is really good. The golden part (I assume it is golden?) looks
a bit plastic; maybe a higher brilliance value will help. Also, some
background for the metal to reflect... And I have never seen a digital watch
using Times New Roman display ;)
As for velcro, I'm sure you can do it with fur. Doesn't need to be very
detailed fur, either, but you have to make the velcro part a separate obect.

Margus