POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Invoking POV-Ray via GUI Extension : Re: Invoking POV-Ray via GUI Extension Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invoking POV-Ray via GUI Extension
From: povray org admin team
Date: 5 Mar 1999 06:56:00
Message: <36e0c642.21537984@news.povray.org>
>The function runs fine if I call it within the DLL, like if I call it
>from the required GUIExt About box. It GPF's when it is called from an
>external program. This leads me to believe that InitStruct is not
>pointing to the same memory because,  which it should because I have it

Without looking at your source, I'll make one point: if you are loading the DLL
from another process, and depending on sharing data between your process and
the instance of the DLL loaded by POV-Ray, then -don't-.

Win32 processes each have their own address space. Data you initialize in one
instance of the DLL is not going to be visible in the other one unless you do
stuff to make it so (like using global shared memory). This is because DLL's
are loaded into the address space of the host process.