POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : watery experiments : Re: watery experiments Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: watery experiments
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 5 Mar 1999 15:41:44
Message: <36e04188.0@news.povray.org>
Jim Kress wrote
>How'd you use the HF?

I first created a bump texture in pov on a plane facing the camera, with a
white pigment and side lighting.

I then rendered the pic and attacked it with various corel draw filters and
some gaussian blur to create gif pic which was used to make a height field
back in pov. The HF was textured with the same bump texture I started with,
scaled a lot smaller. Pigment, ior some reflection were added.

I've since added a second plane under the Hf with a dark green texture to
create a more ocean feel.

Mick