POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pieta - Original By Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni : Re: Pieta - Original By Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pieta - Original By Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni
From: Jim Kress
Date: 4 Mar 1999 22:09:00
Message: <36df4acc.0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the wow!s

The biggest challenge is getting the height field smooth enough to look real
but not so smooth you lose all the detail.  That's a REAL challenge!

Next worse thing was getting a good cut-out of the image to be used to
generate the HF and making sure the background was black.  Even with some
pretty radical masking techniques I still had to hand paint some of the
image used to generate my mask - and it still wasn't as good as I would
like.