POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A new twist on an old HF : Re: A new twist on an old HF Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new twist on an old HF
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 4 Mar 1999 14:56:47
Message: <36dee57f.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <36DE88C5.B048A089@pacbell.net>...
>Marc Schimmler wrote:
>>
>> Ah, this site is so much nicer than c.g.r.r. :-)
>>
>> I like what I see.
>>
>> I wonder if these scattered points in the background are caused by the
>> overlaying of the HF's (two triangles at the same position)?
>>
>> Marc
>> --
>> Marc Schimmler
>
>  It's hard to say. The image used for the HF was poorly designed and
>certainly never intended for the way it was used here. I guess that
>speaks volumes for the possibilites of this process. It could be a jumble
>of micro HFs gathered together. The way the loop is constructed there is
>no telling what ended up where, of what size, or which textured version.
>Like I said nature runs it's coarse with this process. :)

This is a major advance in the use of HFs. It gives a truly real sense of
landscape - I suspect the choice of HFs could be crucial to the final
effect - the rather liquid section at the front looks rathe out of place but
the stalactite? grooves are superb. Keep on with it - it has enormous
potential.

In fact I might use the idea - with your permission of course:-)

Mick